It’s unfortunate that many homes will get targeted for crime, but there are steps you can take to try and prevent an intruder from
entering your home. Before you have to take steps to call out a locksmith stoke on trent, to repair the damage done to your doors, consider these top tips for a secure home.
- Always lock the doors and windows when you go out, even if you’re nipping out for five minutes.
- For extra security, get a three point locking system for your exterior doors, this will make it more difficult for intruders to break in.
- If you don’t have double glazing in your home, ensure you get window locks as single glazed windows or older window frames aren’t as secure.
- Use deadlocks as this makes it harder for thieves to get out again.
- Never leave keys outside, or under a doormat, as safe as you may think this is, they are the first places people look.
- Keep car keys and valuables away from doorways which would make it easy for burglars to take.
- Always draw your curtains at night to ensure your valuables can be seen, most burglaries happen at night.
- Installing security lighting can be a good deterrent, just ensure it doesn’t disturb your neighbours.
- Make sure there aren’t any tools left lying around in the garden or surrounding areas, which would make it easier for intruders to break in.
- While these are all great tips for ensuring your home is secure, make sure non of the security measures you put in place will hinder you from getting out of your house in an emergency.