Your home should be a place of security and safety, so it is essential to put in place a few security measures to ensure your home is as secure as it can be. Locksmith StokeÂ on trent can often do the job of performing a home security check. This could include checking all doors are up to the secure standards they should be, as well as ensuring that windows are also safe and secure. Follow this guide to find out how you can keep your home secure.
1. Always ensure you cover your windows with either curtains or blinds, this will ensure that nobody can see into your home, and see your belongings.
2. Change the locks on your doors to newer versions, newer versions can often be sturdier and more secure, offering you added safety.
3. Install motion controlled lighting, this will deter anyone from trying to enter your home, and will also look suspicious if the light is on for a pro longed period.
4. Don’t make it obvious when you go on holiday. Ensure you don’t leave your answering message to say you’re going away, this is an invite to burglars. It’s also a good idea to get neighbours or close friend to collect your post while you’re away.
5. If you’re carrying out any kind of home improvement, never leave tools or ladders around overnight, this will make it that much easier for an intruder to gain access.